May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I read a post my friend said about feeling pressure to have kids already. She's been married for a few months, and a lot of people agreed. So to make her feel better I said "Don't feel pressured, babies aren't very fun at first." Well apparently someone didn't like that thought and proceeded to tell her that every moment is precious even though the hard times and that its worth it. I probably shouldn't have but I was slightly annoyed. I guess I should have explained more fully what I meant:
When you've done all you can several times such as checking their diaper, feeding, bouncing, patting, walking, cuddling, swaddling, shushing, trying every baby soothing cream and drop made by mankind, and they are still upset hour after hour: babies aren't very fun at first. Of course they are worth it; of course they are precious, but that doesn't explain how difficult they can be, and how trying it is!
I vindicate the mother who has uttered a bemoaned "shut up" to her adorable, yet frustrating child. I say "hear-hear" to the mother who has ever invested in a pair of ear plugs so she can comfort the wailing baby without it rupturing her eardrums.
I would say I'm an optimist although rather impatient at times. I know things will get better, its just a matter of when I'm preoccupied with sometimes. But I am also realistic in that things are not all peaches and cream. There's a couple sour lemons and limes in there too, and it's good to be aware of the potential surprises.
God bless all the Mothers, especially the one who had to deal with me!
It was this season last year that I found out I was pregnant with Claytin and I am so excited to have the little tyke in my arms this year! So much more fun then just poking at my belly!Sorry this is late! I wrote it before and forgot to post it.

1 comment:

Ms. said...

Haha that is funny someone was bothered by the comment. I never understood why people thought newborns were great with Andrew. I have to say second time around 1. she is a little easier to please and 2. I adore her and understand now what people mean. Happy mother's day late!