July 21, 2010

Long time, no write

So I haven't been writing nearly as often as I meant to so a bit happened in the mean time. First there was Fathers day which was great. We had a meal at our Apartment and my Dad was able to come, even if he was square. haha.
Then Brendan had his birthday and he wanted to keep it small so we just has his sisters over for a dinner and cake. And his new present: an Ice cream maker worked really well. It was so yummy! We've also used it to make some slushys with juice and Root beer. Sooo good!
It's a lot more versatile than I thought! It makes great summer drinks if you use different juices in it!
Than we had Carmen for a week until she went to EFY which was OK, until she and Brendan started butting heads. I don't know why but whenever we have a sibling stay with us those two just don't seem to get along very easily.
Than we butted heads for a day and worked out some issues thank goodness.
Then the next day we started a new diet: HCG diet. So far so good, but I am a bit hungry at the moment because I have to wait 30 mins to eat lunch after the drops.
If you are wondering about what we are doing you can look it up here: HCG Drops Diet
But I am modifying it a little because if you hold strictly to the 500 calorie policy you aren't supposed to exercise, but I want to exercise so I am adding a few hundred more calories and exercising, so with mild exercising and a Low calorie intake of only healthy foods: Lean meats, diary, veggie, fruit, lots of water we'll see how my modified version works eh. Brendan and I are keeping tabs on our weight and I'm also keeping track of inches. So hopefully, with a bit of work this week give us a kick start on a healthy track.
Pics are coming soon!

2 comments:

Ms. said...

From my experience with siblings the older you get the less things bother you (at least with my siblings) so hopefully those were the last tifts and I hope your diet gives you the results you want

Brendan said...

You do get less annoyed with them, as long as they're not taking advantage of what you are providing them for free.
She spent at the very least 50 hours on the sofa watching TV during the week (she watched the full series of Chuck), and she would get upset if I would want to use the TV.