August 1, 2013

So I realize my last post is still there so I definately need a new one!

So a Lot has happened.

Carmen moved in with us!!  She is Brendan's baby sister and she's out here going to college and dating guys and finding jobs and such.  
20130724_122238.jpg20130725_152723.jpgIt's been really fun having her here.  She is such enjoyable company, although Claytin I think may be getting jealous of her attention, he's been misbehaving around her more than usual, but I'm hoping we'll get the kinks out before baby comes.  He's really going to have split-attention then... But I suppose that having him help out a lot will not only come in handy, but help him be more soft and loving to baby and others! 20130724_121507.jpg

I so excited about baby Alec.  I have been watching documentaries left and right about babies and birthing and now I am considering a midwife and birthing at home.  HAHAHA I don't know if I'm cut out for that or if it's a good idea in my situation, but I'm excited about baby and I realize now I do have a LOT more say in how I want things to go and that makes me feel more empowered.  Things will be different with this baby birth and situation. I am looking forward to it!

 Only 2 months and 10 days to go!  Woot!

20130731_143156.jpg20130731_141317.jpgBrendan took the day off yesterday and we went up to Salt Lake City using Frontrunner and Trax!  It was a lot of fun, and we had a good day.  We went to the Children's museum and he Loved the helicopter and water station. Brendan signed him up to make a wind sock and he thoroughly enjoyed that, I guess he does like doing crafty stuff if it has very specific instructions and lots of tape involved!    We also went to the observatory and he loved that too, it was quite enjoyable and he started chasing the other kids pretending to be an "alien."  He is just so friendly and outgoing, it boggles my mind because I am so NOT outgoing like that.  I would prefer he just stay with us and not be so easy with strangers but it forces me outside my comfort zone and I'm grateful for it.

We also had a picnic with Mom and Dad and Sheldon's family at the Splash pad in Provo,  I must say I really love splash pads.  Free water entertainment for kids, with mandatory shut-off breaks every hour.  Whoever came up with it is genius,  I want to install one in my back yard!  (That's my Asocial side talking,  I think Clay would much rather go to a park with a thousand kids)

Anyway, I Love my life, I Love my family, wouldn't have it any other way! 

1 comment:

Ms. said...

yay for hubby days off man I love them too! My number 1 child- with favored cousins tends to make trouble with them if they are not giving him attention.

Seriously as a present for Claytin when baby is born get painters tape-have him make mummies out of plastic figurines. They go through it quick but it keeps them busy! we've had the whole floor of our house covered in the stuff it at least keeps them busy lol.
It sounds like nice company to have! Nice company is the best!