At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, my baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
I'm still pretty small, but I talked to one of the pregnant girls in my class (she's due one month before me) and she said that she didn't really start getting big until her 25th - 27th week. My belly button isn't even poking out yet. So no people have started touching my belly. I don't think people will just come up to me and start touching my belly, but if they do and it get's annoying I'm going to touch their belly right back! We'll see how they like it! ha ha. I don't think I give off an air of "come touch me" so it probably wont be a problem. Guess I'll see though.
I've picked up the role of matchmaking this fall. I have a cute friend from high school that just had a difficult break up and wants to move on! Well my bishop happens to have 3 unmarried sons that he's advertised as good candidates for good girls. ha ha. So I've decided to see if I can't pair a couple of em up. Hope it turns out well I've never done this sort of thing before.
Anyway, it's off to bed because I've got school and work in the morning and lots of stuff to do in between! Have a good week everybody!
2 comments:
I think I really popped at 6 months. i just had a little bump at 5 months. but I don't even think you really look pregnant! maybe you'll just get to be one of those people
my belly button never poked out! Not even with twins!! lol
Post a Comment