February 15, 2010

Valentines and Vegas

So Brendan took me to Vegas for Valentines and it was fun! We stayed with his old mission companion Derrek and his wife Bri. They are totally cute and fun to be with, just wish we could have spent a little more time with them. Bri had to work Saturday and Derrek was sick so we trekked out on our own for the day. We hit about 1/3 of the big hotels and attractions, but that was quite enough for me. Too many casinos and getting lost in each building! I think my favorite part was going to see Cirque du soleil perform KA! Those stages are soo cool! It had like two big platforms that could move up and down and spin and turn strait up and down. And I gotta tell you it's well worth the money in my opinion (especially since we got em half off! ask me how if you're interested) The only thing that would have made it even more fun is if we could have taken Clay. I think we would have sat through the whole thing no problem. It was so entertaining and amazing with all the acrobatics and neat performances. Anyway, when it comes out on DVD we'll be getting that one for sure!




So we headed home Sunday afternoon, 5hr drive was not bad at all. Especially when Clay took a 2 hr nap both times! Then he watched a Winnie the Pooh movie and then we were there! So I think if we took a long trip and did it in 5 or 6 hr increments we'd be just fine.
The fun part was when I got home: Brendan had his sister do this for me while we were gone! And I can just say she did a great job!
HAPPY VALENTINES!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

So awesome that you got to do a little trip!! Clay is getting so big. I can't believe how fast he grows.

Elaine said...

Looks like you got to do so many fun things in Vegas! Is that coke you are drinking in one picture, or something a little stronger ;) It kind of looks like shot glasses. I have been to vegas so many times but never seen any of the fun attractions! Put it on my list of things to do.

Unknown said...

Its a bunch of different sodas with different shots of flavor in it. Like Orange soda with mango syrup. and Coke with chocolate. Grape with pineapple. it was pretty good!

Ms. said...

So fun I love Las Vegas! Ka is super awesome!