We decided to try taking Clay on a long car ride and see how he did, and for most of it he did really well. We only had to put on Winnie the Pooh once in the car! We did break it up so it was only about 5-6 hours a day, and that was just long enough for all of us! We stopped in Idaho along the way and stayed with our friend Steph, who is a great hostess even after we broke her cute candy dish! Fortunately she was able to find another one for us to replace it.
We had some great food and did a lot of fun stuff in Oregon. We went Pilot Butte and ate some fantastic Thai food!

Clay was drawn to the dogs with which he had a common interest: being leashed up and all.

Most of the time we chilled with the family and just a great time being together! Clay really wore everyone out, but I don't think they minded. We went to the High Desert Museum.

Clay loved the animals, especially the metal ones he could climb on.



I liked seeing a live porcupine! It was just so cute so I have never seen one before to I took a ton of pictures. I almost wanted to pet him, but we were advised against it ;)

The only thing we didn't get to do was go to the underground lava tube, but there's always next time! We all enjoyed it and Clay even picked up some new words and skills such as Eating with a fork and grabbing his feet when he says "toes."


It was a very fun and pretty relaxing trip

.
2 comments:
What a fun vacation. Was it spur of the moment or planned? I sometimes think last minute trips or more fun (I don't stress for weeks then about the packing and planning)
I have the cutest nephew in the world. Aiden has some tough competition.
Post a Comment