August 19, 2010

Do not go to Heritage Dental

We stopped going to Heritage Dental in February after this incident. Today they sent us another bill for $255.
Since February, we found out that the "overdue balance" that they had made us pay was to cover the full charge of a procedure done in December that they had never submitted to our insurance. I called the dentist and left a VM but never heard back.
I then received a letter a month ago from some random insurance company saying that Heritage Dental had submitted a claim for my wife and they couldn't find us in their database. It turns out that Heritage Dental had sent my claim to another patient's insurance company. Once again, left a VM at the dentist's office with no call back.
Today, after receiving this new bill, I got a hold of their VM again and reiterated these issues and stated that they could either call me and seek a resolution, or not expect payment. I wonder if they'll call back.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Cougar Dental is the way to go :-)

Also, you can get dental work while breastfeeding as long they're just using local anesthesia. Just found out! :-)

Ms. said...

lame!! billing with idiots is soooo frustrating!