May 31, 2011

Bikes

We got our bikes yesterday! We both needed new bikes (Dahlia's was stolen and mine's in serious disrepair, needing $100+ of work and another $100 in parts) in a reasonable price range, so we picked some out at Walmart on Saturday ($300 for the pair) and had them fixed up for pick up yesterday. We bought a bike trailer too (also from Walmart for $90 because the local bike shops wanted to sell them for $200 - $600) which arrived today. After some putting together and pumping up all the tires, we finally got a chance to go bike riding together. The ride was only 30 mins., but now we finally know how to get around our neighborhood. Now, it's time to get into shape (or try, at least).


Is it just me or does Clay look like a gnome here? ;)

Update: Took the bikes and trailer to Syracuse for a 15mile Pirate Treasure Hunt bike ride. The bikes did great and so did Clay. Unfortunately, I forgot to wear sunscreen so I'm quite pink.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

What an awesome investment! Enjoy your rides!

Adrienne said...

Clay looks CREEPER. Legit I would not want my kids playing with him if he looked like that all the time... I don't get what it is but it doesn't even look like him!