Brendan and I met at The Villa, during a "pool party" and hit it off. We were married Dec 29, 2006. Brendan works at Access Data and I stay at home with Claytin, he keeps me running all the time. . .Literally! We have started a new diet this year called: eating healthy and cutting the sugar and salt intake! Just gotta get rid of the rest of the candy piled up in our house. Life is going great and we are loving it!
February 9, 2012
Claytin can escape!
Clay has for a while been able to reach and unlock the doorknobs and deadbolts, but has now figured out that he can stand on a chair to undo the "hotel" lock. Today, he had the front door opened with his big wheel bike and said "Bye Mom" before Dahlia got out of the bathroom. This likely wouldn't be a problem if he were between 4 and 5 (the average ages for his 3'3" height and 40 lbs. weight), but at barely 3 he doesn't quite understand the concept of not going outside without us. Anyone have any good suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Aaaaaaah! I have no idea what advice to give. Oh my goodness. They never slow down- do they?
Put some kind of a latch at the top of the top. We have one of those chain slider thingys about half a foot down from the top of the door. I have also seem a bar latch that went from the top of the door straight up to the door frame. The key is the higher the better.
Kalon:
We do have a latch, and that's the one he can undo now if he stands on a chair. Unfortunately, if I move it much higher, Dahlia will have to also stand on a chair to undo it ;)
Good advice Kalon - better to get the latch out of his reach then to lose Clay to the street. Remember the one we had on our basement door - at the very top? :-)
That's what I was thinking, the hook on the basement door would be a good and simple addition. We're thinking we'll just move our latch higher, I can reach the top of the door and Clay wouldn't be able to. Though he's never really run out of the door without permission.
Post a Comment