April 26, 2013

Adventures in Doggy-sitting

My sister Adrienne got a puppy not too long ago and we got to puppy-sit for the first time yesterday.
Dogs are pretty smart, 
He's only been at her place for a week and he's mostly potty trained, He'll go to the door and ring the "potty bell" with his nose, then she'll take him outside.
It's pretty cute, except he doesn't quite grasp the concept at my house, Boston prefers the rug over any other bathroom ground. But still I can handle a little pee as long as number 2 doesn't come into play.
It was so fun, Clay would run around throwing sticks and then end up having to fetch them himself because Boston doesn't know how to play yet, or does he?
While Clay was at preschool I got Boston to run after a ball and bring it to me no less than 20 times. 
Boston is also a cuddly little thing, he'd follow me around the house no matter where I went and sit near me.  Then when I sat on the couch he jumped up and curled up asleep within seconds.
He would also get on my lap and lay down, so cute, but it only works because he's still pretty little.

I am convinced we need to get a dog, not only did Clay not ask to play a single game on the computer, tablet, phone, Wii or X-Box but he spent the better part of the day outside playing and trying to "teach" Boston how to do things!  Granted Clay is a little high spirited even for a "high-spirited" puppy, he would do so well growing up with a dog and I've always wanted one too!  Even Bren will admit wanting a certain type of Breed or two.

Someday..... 

No comments: