Happy St. Patrick's Day!
I have never done much for St. Patty's before and it's never been a big deal, but with kids it's kind of fun to start new stuff.
I didn't have my green food coloring because I left it in the car Brendan took to work. Hah
So I used blue. whatever. I made blue pancakes with chocolate chips! Then I did a sort of scavenger hunt having clay follow clues around the house to his "pot of gold" on his bed. Gold coins, 5$ from grandma (in a bow tie) and a couple pirate tattoos he lost and I found.
Then we went on (walk) Leprechaun hunt!
And I hid a couple coins on the way and he found them on the way back. So fun!
I think I'll keep this up, brand new fun tradition!
I may start celebrating other holiday's that seem insignificant.
2 comments:
THat sounds fun! I love holidays too it gives me something to look forward to as well. We make a leprachaun trap and he leaves lucky charms or some goody stuff and some kind of 'creation' aka mess. Looking forward to seeing you in the fall!
That is fun that you can create some good memories with the holidays! :)
Post a Comment