May 28, 2010

So you had a bad day.

Yes I have had a VERY BAD DAY!
I thought Clay would be wonder boy and be feeling better today, but after the kind of night we had last night I lost all hope by 4am. I'm sure there's a spot of sick that I haven't found and scrubbed out yet, but I wasn't about to turn the light on at 2am , wake up Clay and clean it out. Fortunate for me though most of it landed on the plastic ball which is much easier to scrub clean.
He has had 8 poopy (runny stinky kind) diapers since 10am when he finally got up for good. I on the other hand have not quite reached cognitive clarity yet. I am running on Dayquil, nose spray, and cup of herbal tea.
I think he has a sore throat, and it just dawned on me like an hour ago because he has outright refused to eat and drink all day! I finally forced him to drink some liquid by using a dropper and holding his hands away. He had like two bites of food, but at least he has some liquid in him. I froze some Gatorade in an ice cube tray, thanks to the suggestions of good friends and family members! I just hope I don't have to force feed those to him too!
He had a super short nap and has been wanting to watch "Pooh" ALL DAY, but not just watch it, he wants to be held by me while he's watching. If I don't, he threatens to wipe snot all over my pants, pull my shirt to shreds, and cry till my ears bleed. So I've had enough Pooh/Poo to last two lifetimes.
The sad part is a friend came over and saw me at breaking point. I hate it when people see the worst sides of you! I hate crying at all in front of people, but it's even worse when it's the "Ugly cry." (Bug eyes and frog voice) I was slobbery and blubbering about how my day has been and she got it all right then and there. She was super nice and helpful amidst Clay and me sobbing!
Fortunately life is never as bad as it seems when you are in the depths of despair! Clay had more liquid and had a bite or two of food before going to sleep at 6pm. I'm not sure what our night is going to be like, but I do know one thing:
God willing, and friend/family supporting. I Will Survive!

Tune in next time for: I survived spring fever 2010

4 comments:

Ms. said...

UGh my Dahlia, I am so sorry. Sickness, and sick kids are the worst. The absolute worst! Seriously,I give you all my sad faces and lispings of "that sucks man!" :(
I don't know I think when you are in it, it is as bad as it seems, but when you come out of it you are like "isn't life amazing?" something to look forward to? Random, but I will give you things that help me when my kids are psycho sick especially the pukies
-only let them wear button down, or zipdowns, or be naked (with diaper) on a towel on a garbage bag (then you can put the towel in the bag until you can wash it. Don't give them anything to eat or drink at least an hour after puking (probably already do that)
and if possible borrow dvd's from neighbors, or maybe he would watch you play a video game (currently Andrew instead of asking for a show asks for game with stars-mario galaxy)
Gosh I wish I could bring you some soup
when my kids are extra grumpy i give them a bath whatever time a day

love you and you will be in my prayers tonight and yes, the ugly cry but i have learned that the side that is vulnerable and feels the worst is often the side that sympathizes the best

Ms. said...

oh and something else-no dairy for a week BRAT diet (bread rice apples toast) seriously if you can a week andrew has a sensitive tummy anyway with whatever sickness he has and i've become a true believer

merrilykaroly said...

Awwww! I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time! Please get better soon!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tips and sympathies! We are much better now and doing pretty good! Love you!